Hey loves! A few weeks ago I was nominated by Sunburnt Aloe (LOVE the name) for the Blogger Recognition Award. I’ve been slacking a bit on the blog, but this award has definitely given me an extra push to keep up with what I started. So thank you! ♥ Hopefully I can get back on track!
The Blogger Recognition Award Rules
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Share two pieces of advice for new bloggers!
5. Choose 7 other bloggers you want to give this award to ￼(originally 15, but I narrowed it down)
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them. Provide the link to the post you created.
Why Bad with Directions?
I wanted to start a travel and lifestyle blog for about two years but got stuck on the name. I felt like I needed to have the “perfect” name before I could start. Now looking back I’m happy that I waited but at the same time I feel like I would’ve had A LOT more written by now (especially while my travels were still fresh).
Anyway, one day I was walking around Spain looking for a place to make copies for my student visa application and I was SO lost even though I was using Maps. I kept walking around the same block saying, “It has to be here! Where is it??” The friend I was speaking to on the phone in that moment (hey Memo!) was just laughing at me and said “You’re SO bad with directions!” And that’s when it hit me.
Bad with Directions.
When I went home I immediately checked if it was taken, and I was beyond happy to find it was not. So I purchased the domain right then and there. With the whole month of July free while I waited for my visa to come in, so I was OBSESSED. I watched Youtube videos, read other blogs, scoured through Pinterest, bought a theme, played with all the settings, etc. I only slept about 3 hours a night because I was so excited to work on my blog.
Then I started work… oops! But I am trying to get back in the groove because this blog brings me a lot of happiness and pride. As well as the blogging community as a whole. ♥
If you’d like to read about how Sunburnt Aloe got started, check out her award post here.
Advice for New Bloggers
- Stay engaged! I took a small hiatus from my blog and honestly it didn’t help much. I would say not to write if you feel like you have nothing inspiring to write about. But still keep in touch with your fellow bloggers. Stay updated and keep reading other blogs for inspiration. If you just fall off the Earth like I did for a bit, it’s really difficult to find your footing again and start from where you left off.
- Don’t focus on perfection. It will literally drive you crazy. Focus on improving and making things better each time, but don’t feel the need to revamp everything every time you make changes. It’s all a learning process and we go through phases, so save yourself time, pressure, and stress, by taking it easy.
Too Chinese for U (love you!)
I hope you enjoyed reading! I look forward to reading the posts from all of those nominated 🙂